International Summer Research Program
The Nanosystems Initiative Munich (NIM) is inviting master students who are seeking a PhD position in nanoscience to join us for eight weeks of compelling and demanding nanotechnology research starting on July 4 - August 29, 2014.
The application deadline is March 15, 2014
On each of the projects in Munich, Großhadern and Augsburg one or two participants are matched with a graduate fellow acting as a research mentor.
As a participant you will collaborate with other international students to
- Work on fascinating and demanding topics in nanosciences
- Operate state of the art scientific equipment
- Sharpen your scientific and technical skills
- Develop your presentation and scientific writing abilities
Scientific education is not the only intent of the program, since the students can also experience German culture and life-style. A supporting program will be organized with weekend trips to touristic destinations and other informal activities.
For your successful participation you will receive:
- Confirmation of participation
- Confirmation of the NIM Student Research Award
- 12 ETCS Credit Points
In order to help applicants from abroad finance their participation, the following is provided and paid for by NIM / MISU:
- Accommodation for July and August
- Public transport tickets for July and August
- Supporting Program
If your application is accepted, you are required to make a payment of €200 for the registration fee (€100) and the deposit for your accommodation (€100).
Applications will be accepted until 15 March, 2014.