For the NIM Summer Research Program 2017 applications are welcome from excellent students in the natural sciences or engineering, with a strong interest in nanosciences. We accept students from all over the world except Germany. Female students are especially encouraged to apply. The NIM Summer Research Program will be running from July 3 until August 28, 2017.
To be eligible, applicants are expected to:
- be an advanced student
- provide evidence of excellent academic records.
- plan to pursue a PhD in the nanosciences.
- provide proof of successfully completed TOEFL, IELTS...
- be willing to perform full-time research, sometimes with late night and weekend work.
- participate in the supporting program (i.e. weekend trips, seminars).
A completed application includes:
1) Application form (excel format)
This form helps us to process your application more quickly, please complete pages 'personal' and 'research projects'.
Download the application form 2017 (excel sheet, 200 kB)
Notice: Please fill in the application sheet your personal information <personal> as well as your desired research projects <research projects>.
2) Cover letter, 1-2 pages (pdf format)
Short review of your academic background. Contains a detailed and comprehensive personal statement as to why you are interested in nanotechnology and which of the offered research projects you wish to apply for.
3) Curriculum Vitae (pdf format)
1-2 Pages in table form.
4) Academic transcripts (pdf format)
Academic transcripts of your courses and examinations.
Transcripts of courses you have taken in your graduate program so far (if applicable).
Important: Your grades (e.g. GPA) must be apparent from your transcripts.
If you have passed a GRE please add a copy.
5) TOEFL or IELTS Certificate (pdf) or equivalent
Please include your surname in all document titles (surname_title.pdf).
Please send all documents to silke.mayerl(at)lmu.de
Applications will be accepted until the deadline of April 2, 2017
Students will be notified as to whether their application has been successful no later than Mai 1, 2017