Winter School 2011
March 27 - April 2, 2011, St. Christoph, Arlberg, Austria
The Winter School will cover all main research topics of NIM, referring to the five research areas:
- RA 1: Quantum Nanophysics
- RA 2: Hybrid Nanosystems
- RA 3: Nanosystems for Energy Conversion
- RA 4: Biomolecular Nanosystems
- RA 5: Biomedical Nanotechnologies
The audience will be composed of graduate students and post-doc researchers from physics, chemistry, biochemistry and life sciences.
( Download schedule as PDF file)
The program committee is composed of the following members of NIM/CeNS:
- Dieter Braun, Erwin Frey, Stefan Ludwig, Christina Scheu (LMU München)
- Alexander Holleitner, Paolo Lugli, Ulrich Rant (TU München)
- Sebastian Gönnenwein (Walther Meißner Institut)
- Gerhard Abstreiter (TU München)
- Markus Aspelmeyer (Universität Wien)
- Christian Back (Universität Regensburg)
- Gerrit Bauer (Kavli Inst. Delft)
- Thomas Bein (LMU München)
- Guido Burkard (Univ. Konstanz)
- Daniel Fletcher (UCB)
- Joshua Folk (Univ. of British Columbia)
- Herrmann Gaub (LMU München)
- Sebastian Gönnenwein (WMI)
- Rudolf Gross (WMI)
- Fredrik Höök (Chalmers University Göteborg)
- Thorsten Hugel (TU München)
- Thomas Ihn (ETH Zürich)
- Jørgen Kjems (Aarhus Universiteit)
- Cécile Leduc (Université de Bordeaux)
- Hongbin Li (University of British Columbia)
- Stefan Ludwig (LMU München)
- Jens Michaelis (LMU München)
- Ulrich Rant (TU München)
- Matthias Rief (TU München)
- Serdar Sariciftci (Universität Linz)
- Christina Scheu (LMU München)
- Lukas Schmidt-Mende (LMU München)
- Stefan Thalhammer (Helmholtz-Zentrum München)
- Hakan Türeci (Princeton University)
- Herre van der Zant (Kavli Inst. Delft)
NIM/CeNS will provide transportation by bus from Munich, Germany to St. Christoph at Arlberg, Austria and back. Please select “book bus ticket” in our online registration form. The fee for the bus transfer will be 10 EUR for each direction.
Bus departure from Munich: 11:00 h, March 27th
Arrival in St. Christoph: approx. 17:00 h, March 27th
Bus departure from St. Christoph: 10:00 h, April 2nd
Arrival in Munich: approx. 14:00 h, April 2nd
In case that you do not book a bus ticket to/from Arlberg we assume that you will organize your transport yourself. Please note that the program starts with dinner on March 27th at 6:00 pm and plan your arrival accordingly!
For directions to St. Christoph and general tourist information about St. Christoph, please visit: www.stantonamarlberg.com
We have booked rooms at the Ski Austria Academy and at the Alpenhotel St. Christoph from Sunday evening, March 27th until Saturday morning, April 2nd (departure day). Rooms with two beds will be available for students and postDocs, single rooms for professors and all invited speakers. All rooms are located in the small village of St. Christoph.
To book accommodation from March 27th (arrival) to April 2nd (departure): Please select “book accommodation” in our online registration form. The amount of 250 EUR (for students PhD or diploma) and 350 EUR (for postDocs, PIs) will be added automatically to your registration fee. Accomodation includes full board, i.e. breakfast, lunch and dinner. Please note that there will be a registration fee of 75 EUR (for students PhD or diploma) and 150 EUR (for postDocs, PIs).
There will be two poster sessions during the winter school, the first on Tuesday, March 29th, and the second on Thursday, March 31st. The standard poster size is A0 (841 mm × 1189 mm) upright.
The posters have to be fixed on the poster boards by 19:00 h and removed directly after the poster session (22:00 h).